Here are some typical questions and answers:
- Are there any good restaurants where I can try / sample the local food?
- Yes, there is a good one near the town hall, and another one just round the corner from here on Main Street.
- What local sites would you recommend that I go and see?
- Well the standard places where all tourist go are …. But I suggest that you visit the museum of … and if you like food you could go to the market on Main Street.
- Do you have any suggestions as to where I might buy a …?
- You could try the department store which is on the main road that leads to the mosque.
Note the construction with suggest and recommend: to suggest / recommend that someone do something. If someone is critical of something (e.g. poor service in your country or company), and if you don’t want to enter into a long defense, you can simply say: Yes, I know what you mean. Or if you want to be more defensive you can say: Well, to be honest, I just think you have been unlucky.